University of Leicester
Browse
1752016913Z.00000000015.pdf (4.59 MB)

Thetford Priory : the unpublished documents of the office of works

Download (4.59 MB)
journal contribution
posted on 2014-03-20, 10:05 authored by Jackie Hall
The priory of St Mary, Thetford was one of the foremost Cluniac houses in England, made famous from its foundation up to the Suppression by its association with the earls and dukes of Norfolk. During the course of a current research project on the tombs of the Howard dukes of Norfolk, led by Phillip Lindley, all the relevant Ministry of Works documentation, either in the care of English Heritage Archives or accessioned by the English Heritage curatorial team, was examined. This paper reveals four different types of discovery relating to the buildings and archaeology, and concludes by considering the value of the exercise.

Funding

Science and Heritage programme of the AHRC and EPSRC.

History

Citation

English Heritage Historical Review, 2012, 7 (1), pp. 78-93

Version

  • VoR (Version of Record)

Published in

English Heritage Historical Review

Publisher

Maney Publishing on behalf of English Heritage

issn

1752-0169

eissn

2046-9187

Copyright date

2013

Available date

2014-03-20

Publisher version

http://www.maneyonline.com/doi/abs/10.1179/1752016913Z.00000000015

Language

en

Usage metrics

    University of Leicester Publications

    Categories

    Keywords

    Exports

    RefWorks
    BibTeX
    Ref. manager
    Endnote
    DataCite
    NLM
    DC